I have been laid up at home with influenza this week. Isolated. I couldn’t go out and basically slept all week. I have one more day of isolation left. As I couldn’t go out to take pictures and my house is too covered in tissues to take pictures inside I decided to try my hand at reskinning a couple of my cameras instead.
Maybe not the wises move when you are coughing and sleepy, but what the heck.
I had ordered some glue and leather from a shop on eBay. Hobby Nexus. They post detailed instructions online and I thought, well, the cameras only cost me $5 so what am I losing.
First I tried the other Olympus 35DC I had. Removing the old skin was easy. I forgot to take photos before I did it. So here is the one I posted about before.
And here is the reskinned one, this one has the timer switch.
I really like it. I didn’t go for a wild colour, so I think it looks smart. I hadn’t tested the camera at this point so didn’t know if it worked, but as I had run out of food I donned a mask and walked to the local combini….which was a mistake as I then slept for the next 4 hours.
It works and it looks pretty. My next reskin was on an Olympus Pen EE2.
The first picture is the original. I haven’t had the film developed yet so I don’t know if it works, that will be another post. I doesn’t look as neat, but I still like it.