I recently cleaned a couple of lenses, with my confidence boosted I decided to take off the front element of the Leica lens I had previously tried and attempt to clean the haze. In the end, it was just one tiny, tiny screw. It was more awkward than difficult. Once I got it all back together I retried the lens on the Barnack. Unfortunately, I had a little difficulty developing the film. It got stuck on the reel and I had to load it a couple of times. Even so here are a few shots from the cleaned lens.
We despite the issues with development, I think the haze has improved. I think I still prefer the Canon 50mm f1.4 lens though.